Well, I'm now 255.5lbs, which means I've lost 14.5lbs.
Eleven days ago I was struggling with broken sleep. I'm now sleeping like a baby.
I don't go 'hurrup' any more when I get up out of my chair, nor 'humph' when I sit down.
Everything fits.
I'm eating better than I ever have.
As I was rolling around in fruit like a madwoman yesterday (those on the programme will understand) I was thinking about following the rules.
Sometimes I follow rules because I have to because there's criminal penalties, and sometimes I follow the rules (whatever they may be) because I'm paid to do that, or because I want to. It's the third one that causes trouble. How do I keep my word to myself?How do I follow my own rules? They're actually the ones I break the most.
I have roughly another 90lbs to lose to get to a close to healthy weight. That's going to take some time - I've made an excellent start, but I'm in for the long haul. I've just decided that if this way gets me there the quickest, safest way, then a few days without fruit is worth the price. So I'm following the rules.
I wouldn't do this if Dax's programme was 'two-shakes-and-a-small-meal' and starvation. It's not - there's tons and tons and tons of healthy, filling food we can still eat. And don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have fruit and porridge and fruit in my life, but if not having them gets me where I want to go, then I'll wait, do what I'm told and wait for the results to come my way...
I've also been reading about success. One of my favourite quotes of all time is Winston Churchill: 'Success is bounding from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam'.
Bounding.
What a wonderful way to spend a life. It's not always the goals. Sometimes it's the gaps too.
great post Liz! At this rate you'll lose those 90 lbs in no time.
ReplyDeleteI love that image of bounding.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about rules too - and saying to Dax that I could pay for a programme and not be as disciplined as I am about this one - I think as well as honouring ourselves we honour his commitment to us too.
Good luck tomorrow
Congratulations on many levels...your weight loss, your attitude and your fortitude.. You will succeed...
ReplyDeleteAmazing results Liz - well done xx
ReplyDeleteYou're are doing so well! Definitely inspiring results!
ReplyDelete