I can't believe how quickly this has gone, nor how quickly I've lost the weight.
This morning I was down to 251lbs, which means I've lost 19lbs, or just under a pound a day.
People are starting to notice. I've always joked 'It's like throwing deckchairs off the Titanic' but actually I'm really proud of how much I've lost.
I've been giving some thought as to what I'll do at the end. I still have 81lbs to go until my BMI is close to normal, so I can't stop. Following the diet has been very easy. We have 1-2 days a week when we don't eat til dinner time, which I've found no problem. I've adjusted to the low carb and higher carb rhythm. I feel in my groove with the food, so I'm going to keep going.
The workouts - I'm pretty sure I'll reduce this to two slightly longer workouts a day, just to keep it sustainable and make sure I can do them every day. Keep in the groove. I'm looking forward to doing other stuff. Not yet - I still need to get more weight off before I get too ambitious - but I'd love to take up running to keep my weight under control when I get there.
Life definitely has changed. Not only has my attitude changed, but my actions have changed too. Today, getting a biscuit (cookie) for my other half, I went to our 'carb cupboard'. It has all our cereals, rice, pasta, biscuits, cake, sweeties and other goodies. I realised in getting the biscuit that I hadn't been into that cupboard since the challenge started, and, more to the point, I hadn't missed any of it. Nor did I want anything in there.
If you had told me four weeks ago that I could have my hand on a packet of custard creams without eating half of them, I would have laughed in your face.
It's crazy to believe that detoxing off of sugar can and does impact your entire eating process. I have become a believer....You are doing so well that you will hit your goal in no time.
ReplyDeleteThat's an amazing achievement. The weight too!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I'm as impressed, if not more so, in the mindset shift as I am in the weight.
Outstanding, my friend : )
Dax
Totally impressive results Liz, so pleased for you xxx
ReplyDelete