Friday, 10 July 2009

Day 18

I can't believe I'm on Day 18 already.  Over halfway there.  Well, more to the point, halfway to the end of the 30lbs in 30 days programme with Dax.  

Down another 2lbs today, which means I've lost 17lbs in total, which I'm absolutely thrilled about.

Losing weight means getting it all right - exercise, sleep, food, water.  And commitment.  So often in the past I've just focused on one thing - usually either diet or exercise - but now I'm doing it all at the same time, it's working!  I feel like I've really cracked it this time.  

Even the water isn't the pain  I thought it would be.  I have six litres a day to drink (1 litre per 50lbs of bodyweight).  Three short workouts a day means that I down a litre before during and after each workout, and I space out three other litres throughout the day.  It's never been a chore.  

As far as the food is concerned, I don't think I've ever eaten healthier.  Tonight was roast chicken with a huge portion of cabbage and green beans.   Historically, you could have added a pile of potatoes and a lake of gravy.  And I didn't miss either of those tonight.  Come to think of it, I don't miss tea and I don't miss coffee.  I don't miss milk or bread or cheese.  Or even wine.  Or chocolate.  Or butter.  And I don't fancy any of them, and I haven't since Day 1.  My sweet tooth may have been vanquished.  

When I come to the end of the strict bit of the diet, I'm not sure what I'll introduce back first.  Originally I thought it might be bread, but I'm not sure about that now.  

Sleep.  Back in the old days (about three weeks ago) I used to have about five hours of broken sleep:  I used to go to bed and toss and turn for an hour or so, then I used to wake up worrying about stuff two or three times a night.  Usually, I'd wake up when the birds started singing, so in mid-June I would have woken up at about 4.30am.  

Now, I go out like a light, and I get about 8-9 unbroken hours sleep every night.  I'd say I sleep like a baby, but of course they don't really sleep too well.   

The exercise works well for me because it's short and there's no messing around.  I cancelled my gym membership about two months ago, because I hadn't been for a year.  I suppose I could say 'I cancelled my gym membership and lost 17lbs'.  These workouts fit in with my day, one in the morning, one in the evening when I get in from work and one after dinner.  

Bish. Bash. Bosh.


1 comment:

  1. Well done - you are doing so well! You will have amazing results xx

    ReplyDelete