I got the email from Dax Moy over a week ago. Being the veteran fatty that I am, I've heard loads of these claims before - 'lose weight now! Fast! Easy! Sign up now!!' - and so I have to say I was sceptical. '30lbs in 30 days? C'mon, this can't be done!'. But no, Dax was looking for guinea pigs to sign up for a challenge. Only it wasn't going to be easy. He told us that it was going to be very challenging. We had to abide by the rules, with a mixture of diet and exercise.
Now I'm a big one for excuses. I've got an excuse for anything! '30lbs in 30 days? How can I sustain that at my age? I'll be dead in a week!' 'It's wrong, it's all based on bad science. I know better!' So yes, I have a bag of excuses right here if you'd like to have a look. But what have these excuses got me? Roughly 100lbs overweight is where. I think about all the times I had a good excuse for not going to the gym, and I tell you, I really want to weep. Anyway...
Dax's email provoked me. And it had me going for excuses, and I thought, 'What? AGAIN??!' Yet another boomerang of excuse about to knock the sense out of something?
So, early one morning, after another sleepless night worrying about my weight, I posted a comment on Dax's blog, and blow me down if I wasn't selected.
And right now I feel really lucky to have been chosen. To have this opportunity to turn my life around 180 degrees.
No kidding, I know I need to lose WAY more than 30lbs. But 30lb is over 2 stone. And I need to lose 6 stone, maybe 7. But what would it tell me about myself if I stick to Dax's plan, stay with the challenge and lose that 30lbs. What would my life look like then? What might be possible? That's the exciting bit. That's the carrot. That's what's going to keep me going.
No comments:
Post a Comment