Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Day 3

Day 3 of my 30lb in 30 days challenge with Dax Moy and things are going better than you might think for a 30lb in 30 days challenge.

Well, walking was easier today, my headache had gone and I was less cranky generally.  

And I'm sleeping better than I have done in years.  A mixture of exercise and a good diet.  Who'da thunk?  

My favourite thing at the moment is water.  Every second minute it seems I'm taking a gulp out of my bottle.  Six litres each day.  I never thought I'd manage that. I get one litre bottle each day (Evian yesterday, Volvic today), and when I fill it up I mark a cross on the label.  Five crosses plus the first litre I drank = six litres.  At the end of the day, the bottle goes in the recycling.

My office at work is halfway between the water filter and the toilet, so for each trip to the water filter there's an equal and opposite trip the other way.  About mid-afternoon, not thinking, I walked straight from the water filter to the toilet. 

The workouts are going better today - more reps.  I'm sure some muscle memory is coming back from workouts long past, and as I'm getting used to Dax's workouts they're flowing much more.   Two down, one more to go.  

Scores on the doors from the top down [Day 1's measurements] with the total loss so far and (change from yesterday) :
Weight:  264.5lbs [270lbs] -5.5lbs (1.5lbs)
Biceps 14.5" [15.5"] -1" (no change)
Chest 48.5" [50.5"] -2" (no change)
Waist 46" [51"] -5" (-2")
Hips 48.5" [55"] -6.5" (-1.5")
Thighs 29.5" [30'] - 0.5" (no change)
Calves 15.5" [15.5"] (no change)

So another 1.5lb has evaporated, and I'm delighted :0) 

Looking at my hip and waist measurements, I'm not sure whether I'm melting or deflating.

 

3 comments:

  1. Melting or deflating - either way, your weight is very quickly going in the right direction! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so motivating to see results so fast! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers both of you!

    Day 4. Just off to do Workout 1...

    ReplyDelete